Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Training Update

Less than two months away! And as I get further along in my training, I'm getting a tiny bit more confident.  :)  March was a bit of a crazy month in terms of my training. We spent a week in Florida and while I totally love warm weather running, it is a bit of a shock to my body going from cold weather and treadmills to running outside when it's 80 and sunny. Especially when I'm trying to increase distance too. I felt great on my 'shorter' runs and ran a few times on the Old Seven Mile Bridge (posting these photos makes me want to go back!):




The day we were flying home was my scheduled day to run 9.5 miles. I knew that wasn't going to happen, so I attempted that run earlier in the week. I don't know what I was thinking, or rather not thinking, but I didn't put any sunscreen on and even though I was running in the morning, I knew I was starting to get a sunburn, so I only made it 7 miles that day. Unfortunately, that meant two weekends of long runs at home in the cold weather, but I did get the 9.5 and 11 miles runs done.  :)  I cause myself a little anxiety before the runs because the mileage seems a little overwhelming to me, but after running 10+ miles this past weekend, I think this has really helped my confidence. So, on to April's training. Only two long runs left before the half marathon!


No comments: