Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcome to the Former Jungle

I am back home from Mexico, no future trips. Well, at least none that I know of yet. And I am so glad to be home. Three days after we closed on the house, I left for Mexico again. Jim worked on the yard while I was gone and it doesn't even look the same. Everytime I thought of the yard, I would literally sing 'Welcome to the Jungle' to myself. Just way too many overgrown flowers, plants, and trees. He's used the weed whipper and chainsaw, cut down a lot, and limbed some trees so that we have a much better view of the water from the house. The house is L-shaped and from the front room, there is a covered porch. When we bought the house, you could not see the water from the porch, now you can see the water from the front room! We still have more to go though, there's a large trellis still to remove and we will be digging up all the perennials this fall and next spring to keep them from coming back. We do have a good start for firewood for some future bonfires though!


Here are some of the before and in progress photos (not after yet, we still have a lot of work to go!):

View of the back of the house.

Same view. We plan to add a walkway with a porch under the bay window.

View of the backyard and lake.

View after some trees were cut down and the bigger trees had the lower limbs cut.







No comments: