Monday, February 20, 2012

Ready For My 10k!

I was so pleased with myself this past Saturday, I ran 6.2 miles! Last week, I mailed my entry form in for the 10k in Florida. Since I know I will be acclimating myself to getting back outside off the treadmill and to the warmer weather, I really wanted to get a run in going the full 10k distance before we left. As I'm going these longer distances, I'm realizing a lot of this doubt is in my head. It has also become very apparent it is time for me to get a new pair of running shoes. I don't really like the idea of getting a new pair so close before this race, but my shoes are really bothering my feet. I found a new pair yesterday, so I'm really hoping they work out! Four more days until we leave, I'm so looking forward to our trip!

No comments: