Saturday, July 2, 2011

First 5k of 2011

Last weekend, I ran the Clawson Freedom Run, which is in the city I grew up. The race is at 7:30pm on a Sunday night, which I find a little odd and have to watch my eating - make sure I eat a little beforehand, but not too much. I've been really working hard at keeping up my running the past several weeks and was really pleased when I crossed the finish line at 30:59. I know I am a slow runner, but I am very proud of the fact that I am making progress and took over 2 minutes off my 5k times from last year.  :)

Even with my work schedule, I am planning to try and work on longer distances. Unfortunately, this will have to wait another couple days. The day after the race, I caught a nasty cold and almost a week later, I am still trying to be rid of it.

No comments: