Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jane Austen Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

 Down to the last month of 2010 and I just completed my next reading challenge, the Jane Austen Reading Challenge. I am so glad that I joined this challenge! I have gone over thirty years without reading a Jane Austen book, and now I will definitely be planning on reading the rest of her books.


The books I read included:
  1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  3. Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange
  4. Austenland by Shannon Hale
I would have a real hard time choosing my favorite between the Jane Austen novels; I really enjoyed reading both of them. I just love how it's 200 years later, and the stories are timeless and still enjoyed by so many readers. I also enjoyed both of the Jane Austen-related books. The first was Mr. Darcy's Diary, which is Mr. Darcy's view on the romance and then follows up into the marriage of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. The other was Austenland, which is set modern-day. Jane is rather obsessed with finding her own Mr. Darcy and goes on a Jane Austen-era vacation in England.

No comments: