Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back Home

I'm back from my last business trip of the year and hopefully, I'll be home for the next 5 weeks or so. This last trip was back to Korea and I have to admit, it did make me pretty apprehensive hearing about North Korea shooting at South Korea a week before my departure! It was definitely a topic of conversation with my family over the Thanksgiving holiday. My trip went on as scheduled, however, I didn't find it so sensationalized there as it was here at home. Granted, this very well could be because I don't know Korean and can't listen or read their news, but in speaking to the people there, and in the newscasts I saw in English, it seemed that they have concerns about it, but they've been dealing with this for many years now.

Overall, my trip was good. We stayed at a new hotel, which was really nice and had a gym, so I was glad to get in several workouts there during my stay. As a bonus, the one day I had off, it was sunny and in the low 60s, so I took a long walk and enjoyed the nice weather. Then, I proceeded to come home to a snowstorm with frigid temperatures back home in Michigan. I definitely didn't mind it so much; I was glad to be home and thankful I traveled back before the storm instead of being delayed in it. So, now on to getting everything ready for Christmas and finishing my shopping this week!

No comments: