Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 451 Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

I cut it close on the last book I was reading for the year, but I have completed the 451 Reading Challenge.  :)  I really enjoyed this challenge, and waited until the end of the year so that I could read A Christmas Carol at Christmastime. I will definitely be looking to see if this challenge will be continued on next year, and even if not, I will continue to read books from the list.

Based on the weekly feature, 451 Fridays, on Elizabeth's blog, which is in turn based on the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, where a group of people are trying to keep the ideas found in books alive. Instead of saving the books, they each 'become' a book - memorizing it and passing it down generations. For the challenge, a list of 451 amazing books has been put together to choose from. I' had chosen the Flame level and read 6 books from the list:
  1. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  2. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  4. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
  5. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  6. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

No comments: