Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cycling

I went for my first bike ride in years, and oh my, it certainly felt like it! Since reaching my goal of running a 5k, I've wanted to start incorporating other activities into my workouts. And the county I live in has the Bay to Bridge Trail which I've wanted to check out for both running and bicycling. So, this afternoon, I mapped out a route and was hoping to go 8 miles. Soon into the ride, I was distinctly feeling each muscle not normally used while running! I ended up turning around on the trail at the end of the Algonac State Park and heading back home, going a little over over 5 miles. I came home and told Jim I no longer feel like I'm anywhere near being in shape! So, I will definitely be adding in a bike ride into my workouts once or twice a week from now on!

No comments: