Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Couch To 5K

Week 1 Day 1 is complete!

I had heard about this running program a while back and a couple weeks ago decided to try it out. We've had a busy past couple of weeks and I was finally able to start the program this week. Sponsored by Cool Running, Couch To 5K (C25K) is a nine-week running program that gets progressively harder each week with the end goal being able to run a 5K. I've never been much of a runner solely for exercising purposes. I've played lots of sports and played soccer for 20 years or so, but never really enjoyed running just to run. I'm hoping that with this being a structured program, that will change. In addition, they have podcasts to listen to while running and I really enjoyed DJ BeatSmith's Podrunner Intervals - it's dance music including cues with when to switch from running and walking. So, here's to the next nine weeks and sticking to the program!

No comments: