Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fun But Busy Weekend

This weekend has flown by so far. Yesterday, we had my step-sons' pinewood derby race and my niece's third birthday party. I spent Friday evening making three dozen cupcakes and one giant cupcake. I received a Wilton giant cupcake pan for Christmas and it was my first attempt. I had heard of people having trouble with it and read online for tips and used a modified recipe. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I ran out of time to decorate it before the party so my sister and I finished it at the party. I'll be making another in two weeks and will be trying out some different things for decorating it. The birthday party was a lot of fun. My brother-in-law is a volunteer firefighter and the party was at the fire hall. The kids had a blast checking out the firetrucks.



The pinewood derby race was a lot of fun, I'd never been to one before with having all sisters. My step-sons' cars may not have been quite the fastest (luckily they weren't the slowest either!), but I think the boys and Jim did a great job designing and making their cars.

  

No comments: