Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

It seems quite fitting that I finished the challenge on the same day that we put away all of our Christmas decorations.  :)  The last two books I read were A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg and The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere. A Redbird Christmas is the story of Oswald, who learns that he only has a short time to live and must move south right before Christmas because of his health. As for The Christmas Shoes, I am really glad that I read this one last. While I thoroughly enjoyed the first four books I read, I enjoyed The Christmas Shoes most of all. It's a story of how two people's chance encounter can really make a difference in one's life.
I am really glad that I decided to do this reading challenge and enjoyed reading the books. I'm looking for a few reading challenges for 2010 and am looking forward to completing those as well.  :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

I read A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg last year and enjoyed it. I hope you have a happy and safe 2010!