Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Hopefully, everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I did, even though it was a little hectic. Jim had to work on Christmas Eve morning and I had to finish my Christmas shopping (every year I wait until the last minute!). Then, we made all the dishes to pass for Christmas - Sausage Breakfast Casserole, Banana Bread, Broccoli Rice Casserole, and Chocolate Cherry Trifle (this turned out really well - you can find the recipe here). Both Jim's and my families celebrate on Christmas Day, so we fit both in. Christmas morning is spent with my family at my sister and brother-in-law's house. Afterwards, we pick up Jim's sons and head to his parents' house to celebrate with his family. Then, it's back to our house so Jim, the boys, and I can open our gifts to each other. It does make for a long day, but I guess it beats having everyone over at our house. As usual, Jim spoiled me and bought me a necklace I had noticed but I'm not sure I ever even mentioned it to him. I love it!

No comments: