Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Toy

Last night, Jim gave me my birthday gift and I'm so excited about it. :) I've wanted a digital SLR for some time and now I have one! Originally, I had wanted the new starter Canon xSi, but after reading some reviews, I also really liked the Canon 40D. And with the release of the 50D, the price of the 40D came down some and this is what Jim got me. I'm so excited about it. :D I really have no knowledge of photography but am looking forward to playing with the camera and maybe taking a class or two. I took some pictures of my engagement ring last night and can't believe the quality and ease of focusing. I'm looking forward to taking it up north this weekend and being able to take pictures of the color change.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congarts!!! You'll love it :)
I've had my DSLR for three years now and never knew I could love an inanimate object so much! Great ring shot.

Meg said...

Wow, what an awesome gift!!! I love my DSLR and I need to take some classes too for it, cause I dont' have much of a clue as to how to use it!!! Great ring shot!! It's soo clear and the color is soo vibrant! =)